From G-SHOCK, which has pursued design evolution and announced a variety of coloring models, a new model featuring a retro sports taste, represented by the 90’s, as the theme color appears.
These GW-B5600 Connected Engine models feature the distinctive square design of the 5000/5600 Series, which still maintains the same basic form as the original DW-5000C.
Function-wise, these models are designed for outstanding timekeeping accuracy using Bluetooth® data communication and Multi Band 6, which supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe. Time information also can be acquired from an internet time server using the G-SHOCK Connected*1 app running on a smartphone.
Other functions include Tough Solar in combination with CASIO original power saving technology that delivers a stable supply of power, high-brightness Full Auto LED illumination, World Time, and more. A selection of six languages for the day of the week indicator*2provides localization at the press of a button.
The GW-5600BC models feature a new type of band structure. The outer segments are made of fine resin embedded with metal parts, while the center segments are made of fine resin. The result is a band that is both light-weight and durable, with a glossy finish that looks great as well. A three-fold type band buckle makes fastening and unfastening quick and simple.
Use of an advanced engine makes it possible to achieve high-density component mounting without affecting the size of the finished timepiece. This and much more creates a modern timepiece that delivers the perfect blend of looks and performance.
- Smartphone Link (World Time setting for approximately 300 cities and user cities, auto time adjustment, simple setting configuration, reminder, time and place, phone finder, 7-segment battery level indicator)
- Multi Band 6 (Automatically adjusts time settings based on reception of one of six time calibration signals around the globe: Japan (2), China, United States, England, Germany.)
- Tough Solar
- Five World Times
- Super Illuminator with Full Auto light (2-seconds/4-seconds duration switching)
- Days of the week in six languages
*1 Smartphone app for use with G-SHOCK Smartphone Link models. It establishes a Bluetooth connection with the watch’s Connected Engine for automatic time correction, configuration of World Time and other settings, and more. It also makes it possible to keep updated with the latest time zone and summer time information.
A Tough Solar power system generates enough energy to ensure uninterrupted operation of power-hungry functions.
*2 Day of the week languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- LED Backlight
Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration, afterglow.
- Flash alert
Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signal, countdown timer time up alarm
- Multi time (4 different cities)
- World time
31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city / World time city swapping
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1/10 second
Input range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 alarms (daily or one-time)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR2016