G-SHOCK, which has been constantly pushing the limits of timekeeping toughness since 1983, is pleased to announce a new SHICHI-FUKU-JIN (Seven Deities of Good Fortune) Series of special model watches.
The Fukurokuju Model of the seven models in this series is based on the GBD-800 of the G-SQUAD G-SHOCK sports lineup. The band is decorated with a light green a little green pine pattern that also includes auspicious images of cranes and turtles. The band ring is imprinted with three symbols that represent good fortune, wealth, and longevity.
The GBD-800 base model features a multi-segment digital display to improve readability and operation while engaged in sports. The LCD is divided into upper, middle, and lower sections, and there is a digital dial in the upper right. Each display area shows different, measurement, timekeeping, and other information, which provides useful data about your daily activities. This watch links with the G-SHOCK Connected phone app to provide access to a number of functions that enhance workouts. Daily health and fitness support functions include a 3-axis accelerometer that keeps track of step counts, a Multi-Timer that lets you create up to 20 timer combinations of five timers each, memory for up to 200 lap records, and more.
Illuminating the display causes the letter K of the G-SHOCK name to float in the LED backlight glow. Each of the Seven Deities of Good Fortune models displays a different character that together spell out the name G-SHOCK.
- Smartphone Link (Step Count Graph with five exercise intensity levels, calorie calculation, combinable timers, stopwatch data log, auto time adjustment four times a day, World Time for approximately 300 cities, time swapping, alarm, simple time setting, phone finder)
- Step count using a 3-axis accelerometer (Step Count Graph, step goal progress graphic)
- Stopwatch with Target Time alarm (lap/split display switching, up to 10 Target Times, 200 lap time records)
- Interval timer with up to five time settings (Auto repeat up to 20 times, skip, auto start, alert)
- Super Illuminator high brightness Auto LED illumination
Seven Lucky Gods Origin
The Seven Lucky Gods represent a blend of indigenous Japanese religion and Buddhism into a uniquely Japanese belief. This divine group consists of the seven gods named Ebisu, Hotei, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Daikokuten, Jurojin, and Fukurokuju. These deities have their origins in ancient gods of fortune in Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto, and other sources. According to the Humane King Sutra (Humane King State-Protection Perfection of Wisdom Sutra), paying homage to these deities will serve to avoid seven misfortunes and be bless with seven fortunes. This belief began around the end of Japan’s Muromachi Period. It became popular among common people during the Edo Period, and has been handed down to modern times.
* Seven misfortunes: solar and lunar abnormalities, planetary abnormalities, wind damage, water damage, fire, drought, theft. Seven fortunes: long life, prosperity, popularity, integrity, influence, love and respect, abundance.
Fukurokuju is the God that deified in Taoism of China, Soh. A long head, a long beard and big lobes are characteristics and always with a crane and a tortoise. As the name of “Wealth: fuku”, “Allowance: roku” and “Long Life: ju” shows, he will bring a happiness, a fortune and a long life. There is a case to identify him with Jurōjin.
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- LED backlight (Super Illuminator)
Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- Step count using a 3-axis acceleration sensor: 0 to 999,999 step count display range
Step Goal Progress Display (step count goal setting range: 1,000 to 50,000, 1,000-step increments)
Step Count Graph: Hourly step count for the past 7 hours on a 6-level graph
Power Saving: Auto sensor sleep state entry after fixed period of non-activity
- Dual time (Home time swapping)
- 1/100-second stopwatch
00’00”00~59’59”99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00’00~23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Recorded data: Up to 200 records (measurement start month, date, lap/split times)
Target Time alarm up to 10 Target Time settings
- Countdown timer
Timer for interval measurement (up to five time settings)
Measuring unit: 1 second
Input range: 00’00” to 60’00” (1-second increments)
Others: Auto-repeat (number of repeats settable from 1 to 20), auto-start
- 5 daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, year, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no mobile link function)
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR2025