From G-SHOCK, the watch brand that is constantly setting new standards for timekeeping toughness, comes a collection of new wide-face models designed under a theme of urban sports.
Round faces combine with multi-dimensional hands that are made using new resin molding technology to create a road bike dial-and-wheel motif for a totally new and unique sporty design. The digital LCD, retrograde dial, face, hour markers, and other component parts are arranged in a multi-layered layout that is both highly readable and attractively fashionable. All of the buttons are slanted, to minimize any interference with the wrist.
These are the first CASIO digital-analog combination models equipped with large front buttons at 6 o’clock. One press of a front button while in the Timekeeping Mode immediately starts a stopwatch operation. A Target Time function lets you specify a time you wish to achieve for an activity, which is great for road racing and other applications. The retrograde hand is driven by a dual-coil motor that enables quick and accurate multi-functional operation.
Great design, a collection of useful functions, and more all add up to make the new G-SHOCK GA-500 the perfect choice for a wide range of timekeeping needs.
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- 200-meter water resistance
- LED light
- Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- World time
- 29 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city / World time city swapping
- 1/1000-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 99:59’59.999”
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, lap time, split time
- Others: Speed (0 to 1998 units / hour), Distance input (0.0 to 99.9)
- Mach indicator (speed exceeding 1225 units / hour)
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Other: Auto-repeat
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds)), 1 dial (speed)
- Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR2016